Fried Green Tomatoes
Blue cornmeal adds interest to this old pioneer standby.
- 3/4 cup blue cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds green tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or bacon drippings
- 4 green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped
- Combine blue cornmeal and salt. Slice tomatoes, then dip in the cornmeal
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add tomato slices and brown
on one side. Flip tomatoes over to brown second side.
- Spread green chiles over the tops of the tomatoes while the second side
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.