This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fried Green Tomatoes
Blue cornmeal adds interest to this old pioneer standby.
- 3/4 cup blue cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 pounds green tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or bacon drippings
- 4 green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped
- Combine blue cornmeal and salt. Slice tomatoes, then dip in the cornmeal
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add tomato slices and brown
on one side. Flip tomatoes over to brown second side.
- Spread green chiles over the tops of the tomatoes while the second side