This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Mexican Eggplant Bake
- 3 Italian eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Ortega Salsa
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can Ortega Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (2.2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Tillamook Queso Shredded Cheese
- Sour cream
- Avocado slices
- Cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch baking dish and 2 large baking
sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place eggplant slices on baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa in the bottom of the dish and place 1/3 of the tortilla
strips on top in an even layer. Top with 1/2 the eggplant, chiles and olives
and sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheese. Spread with 1/2 the remaining salsa.
- Add another layer of tortillas, eggplant, chiles, olives and cheese. Top
with remaining tortillas, salsa and cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and cilantro.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 230 calories, 10 g protein, 12 g total fat (7 g sat.),
17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 40 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 5 points