This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Mexican-Style Hash Brown Potatoes
- 3 1/4 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup green chiles, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak chopped potatoes in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse them
to remove the excess starch.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to medium-high heat, add the oil, and
when it is very hot but not smoking, add all ingredients. Cook, stirring often,
until the potatoes are tender and well browned — about 10 to 15 minutes.