Palo Verde Peas
Palo Verde Peas are much more tender and green than any garden pea.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 scant tablespoon butter
- 2 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon green chiles, chopped
- Few drops of soy sauce
- 1 cup palo verde peas, shucked *
* Pick the peas green on the tree before they dry. Shuck them at once and freeze
them in double plastic bags.
- Sauté onion and garlic until clear in butter.
- Dice tomatoes into pan.
- Stir in green chiles and soy sauce.
- Blend, then add palo verde peas. Cook gently a few minutes and serve at