This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Papas con Chile Colorado (Red Chile Potatoes)
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon red chile powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Brown potatoes in shortening in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Remove potatoes from skillet. Add flour and brown slightly.
- Mix chile, garlic and salt with flour and add potatoes and water. Simmer
for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat.