This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 pounds leafy greens, such as spinach, kale, etc., tough stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 poblano or 2 jalapeno chiles, stemmed and finely chopped
- 12 black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- Salt, to taste
- Cut the greens crosswise into 1/2-inch strips and rinse in plenty of cold
water. Lift the greens out of the water, transfer to a colander, and set aside
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-reactive pot. Add onion, garlic and chile
and sauté until the onion wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the greens, olives and capers. Cover the pot and cook over medium
heat until the greens are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.