This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Rajas con Queso
(Peppers with Cheese)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4 poblano chiles, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 12 green onions, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers and poblanos; sauté until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add green onions; sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and simmer until cheese melts. Stir in cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Yield: 6 servings