Santa Fe Corn Soufflé
- 2 cups fresh corn on the cob
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup roasted, peeled, and chopped fresh green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using 2 tablespoons of the butter, grease a 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish. Sprinkle
dish lightly with flour to prevent soufflé from sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in remaining butter until soft.
- In a food processor, combine egg yolks, onion and corn. Process until corn
is fine. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chiles and salt.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. With a rubber spatula, fold gently, fold gently
but thoroughly into corn mixture. Scrape into prepared soufflé dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 30 minutes
longer, until lightly browned and when a knife inserted into the center comes