This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 4 ounces Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- Cut green bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut tamales
into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine tamales, chili, 1/2 cup cheese, onion and catsup. Fill the pepper
halves. Place in an electric skillet and pour 1/4 inch hot water into the skillet.
Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the peppers. Top with tortilla chips. Simmer,
uncovered, 2 minutes, until cheese melts.
Yield: 6 servings