- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of 8 to 10 lemons)
- Peel of 1 lemon, cut into fine slivers (yellow part only)
- In a 3-quart microwave-safe dish, combine sugar and the water. Microwave
on HIGH until mixture boils and sugar dissolves (6 to 8 minutes),
stirring every 2 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Stir lemon juice and lemon peel into cooled syrup. Pour into a clean
jar, cover, and store in the refrigerator.
- For each serving, in a 12-ounce glass combine 1/2 cup lemon syrup
and 1/2 cup water. Fill glass with crushed ice and serve immediately.
Lime Syrup: Substitute the juice of 12 limes and the peel of