Sweet Berry Syrups
- 3 cups blueberries*
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Wash and drain blueberries. Crush berries in a bowl or process for
1 minute in a blender or food processor.
- Place the puree in a glass
or enamel pan and stir in sugar and water. Cook over medium heat
for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Strain the mixture through
a coffee filter or cheesecloth and pour the syrup into a sterilized
jar. Discard the pulp.
- Cool the syrup before using.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
* Any kind of berry can be substituted for the blueberries. Add
half the sugar called for, taste, and add more sugar if the syrup