This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Halloween or Thanksgiving guests will enjoy clever edible pumpkins, whether served
as an appetizer or used as a garnish. What a treat! Cheese spread turns into a pumpkin
well before midnight. These adorable orange orbs take just 10 minutes!
- 8 tablespoons smoked Cheddar cold pack cheese food (from 8 ounce container), well chilled
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped peanuts
- 4 butter-flavored pretzel spindles or sticks, broken in half
- 16 tiny pieces fresh parsley leaves
- Line small serving plate with wax paper.
- Roll each level tablespoon cold pack cheese food into a ball; place on wax paper-lined serving plate.
- Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes for easier handling.
- With end of wooden pick, draw ridges around balls to resemble pumpkins.
- Dip bottoms of cheese balls into chopped peanuts.
- Just before serving, insert pretzel halves into cheese balls for pumpkin stems.
- Decorate with parsley for leaves.
- Store in refrigerator.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker/General Mills