Cranberry-Caramelized Onion Cheese Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled blue cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Combine cream cheese and blue cheese in a medium mixing bowl; beat with
electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add Cheddar cheese; beat until well blended. Spread in shallow serving bowl.
Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add
onion; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in 1 teaspoon sugar. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes
or until onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onion from skillet; set aside.
- In same skillet, combine cranberries, remaining sugar and water. Cook over
medium heat about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and onions. Cool slightly.
- To serve, bring cheese spread to room temperature.
- Spoon cranberry mixture over cheese spread; sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.