Holiday Crab Spread
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8 ounce package) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided use
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sociables Savory Crackers
- Beat cream cheese and sherry with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, crabmeat, red peppers, parsley and
black pepper; mix well.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into plastic-wrap lined 3-cup mold or bowl; cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Unmold onto serving plate. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; press
into mold to secure.
- Serve with crackers for spreading.
Makes 28 servings.
Substitute 1 (6-ounce) can shrimp, finely chopped, for the crabmeat.
Variation: Crab spread can also be served warm. Prepare as directed, spooning
into 1-quart ovenproof dish instead of mold. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until
heated through. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Garnish with additional
chopped red peppers and parsley. Serve with crackers as directed.
Nutrition: (per serving) Calories 120; Total fat 6g; Saturated fat 2.5g;
Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 240mg; Carbohydrate 10g; Dietary fiber 1g; Sugars 1g; Protein 4g
Vitamin A 6%DV; Vitamin C 4%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 4%DV
Recipe and photo credit: Kraft Kitchens
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.