Cranberry Raspberry Mulled Cider
Yield: approximately 2 quarts
- 1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened red raspberries, thawed and slightly mashed
- 3 (3 inch long) cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1/2 quart apple cider
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry juice, raspberries, cinnamon sticks, cloves and vanilla bean to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a tea strainer or a sieve, lined with 100 percent cotton cheesecloth, into a large heatproof pitcher.
- Carefully pour in cider. Stir gently.