Coffee Pumpkin Bread with Coffee Icing
- 1 (14 ounce) package pumpkin quick bread mix
- 1 1/4 cups brewed double-strength MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee, any variety, cooled, divided
- 4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Prepare bread batter as directed on package, substituting 1 cup of the coffee
for the water.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Bake bread as directed on package.
- Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Beat sugar, remaining 1/4 cup coffee and the butter in large bowl with electric
mixer on low speed until well blended. Spread onto bread.
- Cut into 16 slices to serve.
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 55 min | 16 servings, 1 slice each
Variation: Prepare batter as directed; pour evenly into 3 (5 3/4 x 3 x 1/2-inch)
disposable mini loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until wooden
toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool and spread with icing as directed.
Nutritional Information: Calories 260 Total fat 8 g Saturated fat 2.5 g Cholesterol
30 mg Sodium 180 mg Carbohydrate 47 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 35 g Protein
3 g Vitamin A 8 %DV Vitamin C 0 %DV Calcium 2 %DV Iron 8 %DV
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Bread Recipes