Cranberry Yam Bread
The sweet potato filling melts in your mouth with the crunchy brown sugar topping.
Great for everyday cooking and the holidays!
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh yams (sweet potatoes) cooked and mashed or 1 (15 ounce) can yams drained and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking
spray and dust with flour.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, yams and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda. Make
a well in the center. Pour yam mixture into well. Mix just until moistened.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Yield: 16 slices
Per serving: Cal 163 (29% from fat); Fat 5g; Protein 2g; Carb 27g; Chol 27mg;
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission
Created by Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission spokesperson, Holly Clegg.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.