Honey Pecan Cornbread Sticks
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (15 ounce) box cornbread mix
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small pan, combine brown sugar, honey, and butter; stir occasionally
over low heat until it boils and sugar is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, prepare cornbread mix as directed on package.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon chopped nuts into each of 12 cornstick forms;
then spoon over about 2 teaspoons of the hot syrup.
- Divide cornbread batter into cornstick forms and bake for 25 minutes or
until lightly browned.
- Immediately invert onto serving platter; serve hot.