One Hour Rolls
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 cups flour
- Melted butter
- Add salt, oil and sugar to milk and heat to 120 degrees F to 130 degrees F.
- Pour mixture over yeast.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Scrape dough onto a heavily floured surface (dough will be sticky).
- Liberally sprinkle top of dough with more flour.
- Roll out, cut out rounds with biscuit cutter and brush with butter.
- Fold over and allow to rise on cookie sheet for 1 hour in warm place.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen rolls
Onion Rolls: Add to the dough 1/3 cup chopped onion, which has been sautéed in a little butter.