This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Pumpkin Apple Cider Bread
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan boil the cider until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup and let
- In a bowl whisk together well the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, brown sugar,
zest and the reduced cider.
- Into the bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda,
mace, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the walnuts, and stir the batter until it is just combined.
- Transfer the batter to a well-buttered 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan and bake
the bread in the middle of a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour, or until
a tester comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan.
Yield: 1 loaf