Pumpkin Honey Bread
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In large bowl, cream honey with butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Sift together remaining ingredients. Stir into pumpkin mixture.
- Divide batter equally between two well-greased 9 x5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert pans to remove loaves and
allow to finish cooling on racks.
Yield: 2 loaves
Nutritional Information Per Serving (based on 1/8 loaf, about 1-inch slice)
Calories: 261 Calories from Fat: 25% Carbohydrates: 44.5 g Cholesterol: 68.8
mg Dietary Fiber: 2.53 g Fat Total: 7.51 g Protein: 5.43 g Sodium: 411 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Bread Recipes