Round Herb Loaf
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 cups warm milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Grease a 2-quart casserole.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand a few minutes.
- Add milk, oil, egg, sugar and salt, mixing well.
- Gradually add flour.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured board. Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Pinch off walnut-size balls of dough; dip into melted
butter. Place in one layer in casserole.
- Mix cheese, sesame seed, garlic salt and paprika. Sprinkle one-half of this
mixture over the layer of dough.
- Proceed in the same manner with the remaining dough; pour remaining butter
over dough; sprinkle with the remaining herb mixture.
- Let rise until almost doubled.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes in an ovenproof glass casserole
with a rounded bottom.
- Cool in casserole for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.