Sour Cream Maple Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 x 4 x
2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir and toss together the flour, baking powder, baking
soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the butter until
smooth, then slowly add the maple syrup, mixing constantly.
- By hand, whisk in the sour cream and egg. Stir in the pecans. Add the flour
mixture and stir until just blended (do not over-mix).
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven until
a wooden pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes, then turn the loaf
out onto the rack to cool completely.
- To Store: When completely cooled, wrap
in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil and store at room temperature for
up to 3 days, or place quick-bread in an airtight container and freeze for up
to 3 months.
Yield: 1 (8 x 4-inch) loaf
Thaw quick-bread at room temperature in original wrapping. Foil-wrapped quick-breads
may be reheated in foil in a 325 degree F (160 degree C) to 350 degree F (180 degree
C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.