These peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate get their name from their resemblance to the nut of the buckeye tree.
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter, (not all-natural)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups (16 ounce box) powdered sugar
- 2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Beat peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in powdered sugar until mixture holds together and is moistened.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Melt morsels and shortening in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until melted.
- Dip peanut butter centers into melted chocolate using a wooden pick, leaving a small portion of the center uncovered. Shake off excess chocolate and scrape bottom of candy on side of bowl. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Prep: 10 min | Yield: 72 candies (6 dozen total)
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé and meals.com