Caramel Apple-Cranberry Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups caramel
ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled Granny
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan and set
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, and
melted butter. Stir with wooden spoon and mix until crumbly. Press half of this
mixture in prepared pan and set aside. Reserve remaining crumbly mixture.
- In small saucepan, combine ice cream topping and 1/2 cup flour. Mix well
with wire whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil
for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Sprinkle apples, cranberries, and pecans over crust in pan. Pour caramel
mixture over apples and sprinkle with reserved crumbly mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Other Thanksgiving recipes you may like...
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Southern Cornbread and Oyster Dressing
Brandied Apricot Pork Tenderloin
Cranberry Orange Relish