Cranberry Pecan Bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30
- Add about 1/2 of the flour, brown sugar, orange peel, half of the orange
juice, egg, baking powder and baking soda; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in remaining flour and orange juice.
- Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- Spread onto an ungreased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over the top, and cut into bars.