Cranberry Pecan Bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30
- Add about 1/2 of the flour, brown sugar, orange peel, half of the orange
juice, egg, baking powder and baking soda; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in remaining flour and orange juice.
- Stir in pecans and cranberries.
- Spread onto an ungreased 11 x 7 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over the top, and cut into bars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.