Gooey Pumpkin Chess Squares
- 1 box butter recipe yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick real butter, softened
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, egg and butter, mix well with electric mixer.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the cheese and pumpkin together until smooth and
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Beat well.
- Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Spread pumpkin mixture over crust mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Center should not be overcooked and remain a little
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Cookie Recipes