- 2 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Filling/Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cookies: Beat eggs, brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract in a
mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder,
baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture a half cup at a time, blending
each time until smooth.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, using a moist
finger or the back of a spoon to slightly flatten each mound. Make only 9 on
the cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting: Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and
vanilla extract in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until the frosting
is spreadable. You may not need to use the entire 3 1/2 cups.
- Turn half the cookies upside down and spread with a generous amount of cream
- Top with another cookie right side up.
Yield: 10-14 Pilgrim Pies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.