Pumpkin Butterscotch Fudge Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats
(quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 2 tablespoons stick butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (4
ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with foil.
- For cookie base, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nuts, coconut, pumpkin
pie spice and baking soda in medium bowl; mix well.
- Stir in butter; mix well.
- Press into jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For fudge, combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie
spice and salt in medium, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly,
over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, chips, 1/2 cup nuts and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously
for 1 minute or until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour over cookie base; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into bars.
Yield: about 4 dozen bars
Recipe and photo credit:
Other Thanksgiving recipes you may like...
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Southern Cornbread and Oyster Dressing
Brandied Apricot Pork Tenderloin
Cranberry Orange Relish