Pumpkin Carrot Swirl Bars
Pumpkin, shreds of carrot and brown sugar make a moist, chewy bar just right
for the holiday table. Finished with a cream cheese topping they make a pretty sight
for any occasion.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces softened light cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Cookies: Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda in small
- Beat granulated sugar, butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until
- Add eggs, egg whites, pumpkin and carrot; beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Drop teaspoonsful of Cream Cheese Topping over batter; swirl mixture with
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
- Cream Cheese Topping: Combine cream cheese (Neufchâtel), granulated
sugar and milk in small mixer bowl until thoroughly blended.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 25 min | 48 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories: 70 Calories from Fat: 20 Total Fat: 2
g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 75 mg Carbohydrates: 13 g Dietary
Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 8 g Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Cookie Recipes