Pumpkin Cream Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 5 tablespoons chilled butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and spices.
- Cut in butter until coarse meal.
- Combine pumpkin and cream, and mix into dry mixture to form a dough, adding
a bit more cream if needed.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead a half dozen times. Pat out to a 1/2-inch
thick circle. Cut into wedges.
- Place wedges on greased baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F until golden,
about 20 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings