Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups sifted white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or dark coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups natural or raw sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups canned pumpkin (unflavored)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Additional pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon for decorating
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder,
coffee, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar together until
light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each to incorporate.
- Add one-third of the dry ingredients alternating with half the pumpkin,
scraping the sides of bowl.
- Continue alternating the dry and the pumpkin until all ingredients are thoroughly
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 1 1/2 inches apart onto buttered or parchment-lined
- Depress centers with a lightly floured measuring spoon to prevent mounding.
- Bake on top or center oven racks until edges are lightly browned and centers
spring back when lightly touched, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack.
- While cookies bake; mix up frosting. Combine butter, confectioners’ sugar,
milk and vanilla in a large bowl; beat until smooth. Add additional milk to desired frosting consistency.
- When cookies are completely cooled, frost each with about 1 tablespoon frosting.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon.
- Store frosted cookies in a single layer in an airtight container for up
to 1 week; refrigerate for best results.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.