Warm Toasted Marshmallow S'More Bars
Grand Prize-Winning Recipe 2006! Irresistible warm, gooey marshmallows,
milk chocolate and Graham crackers are baked into a delicious bar cookie.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 ounces)
- 4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs.
- Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms.
- Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.
- Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate.
- Broil with top 4 to 5 inches from heat for 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows
are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.)
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Serve warm.
- Store any remaining bars tightly covered.
Yield: 24 bars
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
To reheat, place individual bars on a microwavable plate. Microwave uncovered
on High about 15 seconds or until warm.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 150); Total
Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 150mg; Total
Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 28g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Fat Carbohydrate
Choices: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker