Autumn Pumpkin Soufflé
- Cooking spray or butter
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Crushed ginger snaps, optional
- Spray 4 (8 ounce) soufflé dishes. Dust with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add sugar 2
tablespoons at a time, beating constantly until sugar is dissolved and whites are
glossy and stand in soft peaks. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
Thoroughly fold in pumpkin and spice. Gently fold yolk mixture into beaten whites.
- Spoon into prepared dishes. Place cups in baking pan. Fill pan with very hot water
to within 1/2 inch of top of dishes.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven until puffy and delicately browned, about
15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: American Egg Board