Browned Butter Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup granulated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
cup chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
- Real whipped cream
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Over low to medium heat, cook butter in a saucepan, watching closely but
not stirring, until golden brown, abut 5 to 8 minutes. Do not burn.
- Pour browned butter into bowl and set aside.
- In food processor, blend corn syrup, honey, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract
and salt until smooth.
- Add browned butter; blend again.
- Add pecans and process with just a few quick on-off-pulses.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 435 degrees F for 10 minutes; lower heat to 325 degrees F; bake
another 40 minutes.
- Serve with a generous topping of real whipped cream.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Center of pie will still seem a bit liquid when removed from oven; it sets
up further as it cools. Let cool completely.