Print Recipe

Butterscotch Apple Squares

Butterscotch Apple Squares

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 small all-purpose apples, pared and chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch flavored chips
  • 1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
  • 1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
  • 1 cup chopped nuts

Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for glass dish).
  2. In 13 x 9-inch baking pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over butter; top with apples.
  3. In heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt butterscotch chips with EAGLE BRAND.
  4. Pour butterscotch mixture evenly over apples.
  5. Top with coconut and nuts; press down firmly.
  6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
  7. Cut into squares. Garnish as desired.
  8. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

Yield: 12 servings

Microwave: In 12 x 7-inch baking dish, melt butter on HIGH (100% power) 1 minute or until melted. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over butter; top with apples. In 1-quart glass measure, melt butterscotch chips with EAGLE BRAND on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) 2 to 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour butterscotch mixture evenly over apples. Top with coconut and nuts. Press down firmly. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 8 to 9 minutes. Proceed as above.

Nutrition Amount Per Serving: Calories 426, Fat Cal. 195, Total Fat 21.7g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 11.4g (57% DV), Cholest. 22mg (7% DV), Sodium 186mg (7% DV), **Potassium 132mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 35.6g (11% DV), Fiber 1.8g (7% DV), **Sugars 26.7g, Protein 4g (8% DV), **Vitamin A (3% DV), **Vitamin C (2% DV), **Calcium (2% DV), **Iron (9% DV), **Thiamin (6% DV), **Niacin (9% DV), **Vitamin B6 (6% DV), **Magnesium (9% DV), **Folate (10% DV)

Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data.

Recipe and photo credit: Eagle Brand




Comments

Widget is loading comments...

Recipe Goldmine






Contact

Arizona

Always Open!

To our Visitors

Recipe Goldmine has been online since April 1999. We hope you enjoy our collection of over 39,000 recipes. Many have contributed to our recipe collections, including our own family, friends, newsletter subscribers, food companies and food organizations.