Butterscotch Caramel Cheesecake
Looking for a decadent dessert sure to get a standing ovation, this rich and
creamy Butterscotch Caramel cheesecake will be the star!
- 1 3/4 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 2/3 cups (11-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Whipped topping
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Wrap outside bottom and side of 9-inch springform
pan with double layer of heavy-duty foil.
- Crust: Combine Graham cracker crumbs, butter, granulated sugar and nuts
in medium bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1-inch up side of prepared
- Filling: Remove 2 tablespoons of morsels and set aside for garnish.
Heat milk and remaining morsels in medium saucepan over low heat until morsels
are melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, flour and vanilla extract in large
mixer bowl until combined.
- Add butterscotch mixture; beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, beat just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Place pan in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan
with warm water half way up side of springform pan.
- Bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until 2 1/2-inch area around outside edge
appears set when gently shaken.
- Carefully remove cheesecake from water. Pull foil away from pan and lift
springform pan out of foil to wire rack. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of cheesecake. Cover; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Remove side of pan. Spread caramel topping over top of cheesecake.
Pipe outer edge of cheesecake with whipped topping.
- Garnish with reserved morsels, if desired.
Prep Time: 40 min | Cooking Time: 1 hr 25 min
Cooling Time: 2 hr | Servings: 12 to 16
This winning recipe comes to us from Tracey Thomas of Kansas City, Missouri.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com