Caramel Apple Empanadas
Your first bite into a caramel apple is a quick way to remind yourself that Fall
is here. Try these delicious empanadas with a caramel apple inside every bite.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 10 caramels, cut into 6 pieces each
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups peeled, chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice melted butter
- Cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar, if desired
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten each roll into
a 4-5 inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while preparing filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine caramels, flour, apples, pecans, ice cream topping
and lemon juice.
- Remove wrap from dough and place 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each dough
circle. Brush edges of dough with milk and fold in half. Seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar,
Recipe and photo credit: