Cracked Caramel Pumpkin Pie
A thick coating of thick, amber colored caramel, which will harden when cooled,
covers our Cracked Caramel Pumpkin Pie. Tap it with a spoon to shatter into pieces
before cutting slices.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions; fold
edges under, and crimp.
- Cook milk in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring
constantly, 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin.
- Stir in 1 cup whipping cream and next 4 ingredients until smooth. Pour into
- Bake at 350 degrees F on bottom oven rack for 40 minutes. Cool completely
on a wire rack. Chill 8 hours.
- Cook 3 tablespoons water, corn syrup, and sugar in a small saucepan over
medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 300 degrees
F (hard-crack stage).
- Pour immediately over pie, and quickly spread mixture with a metal spatula.
Let stand 2 hours before serving.
- Tap hard sugar topping with back of a spoon to crack.
- Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer
until soft peaks form. Serve with pie.
Source: Southern Living magazine
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes