Cranberry Mallow Pie
- 32 large marshmallows or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (14-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-ounce) pre-made vanilla wafer or Graham cracker crust
- Combine marshmallows and cranberry sauce in a medium saucepan. Cook over
medium-low heat, stirring constantly, just until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour or until mixture mounds
slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- Beat whipping cream and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl until stiff
- Stir cranberry mixture until blended; fold gently into whipped cream.
- Pour into crust. Chill until set, at least 5 hours.
- To serve, garnish slices with additional sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
For a cool treat on a hot day, try freezing the Cranberry Mallow Pie until firm.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.