- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Meringue: Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl; beat on high
speed until foamy.
- Beat in granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed
until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Spread meringue into 9-inch circle on paper-lined cookie sheet, building
up edge with back of spoon.
- Bake at 275 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm and dry to the
- Turn oven off; keep door closed for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; cool completely on wire rack
- Gently remove meringue from paper; place on serving plate.
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl;
beat until fluffy.
- Add whipping cream; beat on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until
mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Spread cream mixture evenly in meringue shell.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Topping: Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil
over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime peel.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, spread cranberry sauce over cream mixture.
- If desired, garnish with lime slices.
Yield: 8 servings
Per Serving: Cal. 325 (16%DV), Fat Cal. 135, Pro. 3g (6%DV), Carb. 46g (15%DV),
Fat 15g (23%DV), Chol. 53mg (18%DV), Sod. 72mg (3%DV)
Vit. A 167RE (12%DV), Vit. C <1mg (1%DV), Vit. E <1mg (1%DV), Calcium
29mg (3%DV), Iron <1mg (1%DV), Folate 3Ug (1%DV), Zinc <1mg (1%DV), Pot. 91mg
Dietary Exchange: Fruit 2, Starch 1, Fat 3
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes