Cream Cheese Pumpkin Slices
- 1 (16 ounce) box golden pound cake mix
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter,
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts, divided
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg, butter, 1/2 cup nuts and 1 1/2 teaspoons
pumpkin pie spice until crumbly. Press onto bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining egg and egg whites,
pumpkin, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and salt; mix well.
- Pour over crust; sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup nuts on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool.
- Chill; cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings