Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie
Try this luscious variation of a classic pecan pie for a memorable end to your
holiday meal. The spicy crunch of a traditional pecan pie nestles on top of a layer
of divinely rich chocolate.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pie crust. Partially bake crust for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Immediately reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Microwave chocolate chips and milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH for 1
to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate evenly over crust; set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer.
- Place ring of aluminum foil around edges of crust to prevent over-browning.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed but center is still soft
enough to move when shaken gently. Tent pie with foil if crust browns too quickly.
- Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
McCormick & Company, Inc.