Deep Dish Amaretto Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter,
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup amaretto liqueur
- 3 cups chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk sugar and eggs. Add butter, corn syrup and
- Put 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans on top of each of 2 sugar crust-lined pans.
- Pour liquid mixture on top of pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is firm, but
do not over-brown.
- For sugar crusts, place butter and sugar in mixing bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping sides of bowl after each addition.
- Sift flour and salt and add to creamed mixture. Mix until dough comes together.
- Remove from bowl and knead the dough into a ball.
- Wrap with plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Roll half of the dough 1/4-inch thick and line a springform pan half way
up the sides.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- Cover; place in the refrigerator until needed.
Yield: 2 crusts