Double Cranberry Muffins
These low-fat muffins are a delicious way to start your day!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 2 cups POST SELECTS CRANBERRY ALMOND CRUNCH Cereal, divided
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, 1 cup sugar and baking powder in large bowl.
- Mix 1 cup cereal and milk in medium bowl; let stand 3 minutes.
- Add egg, orange peel, orange juice and 2 tablespoons oil; mix well.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- Gently stir in cranberries.
- Crush remaining 1 cup cereal; mix with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and
1 teaspoon oil.
- Spoon batter evenly into 16 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Top with cereal
- Bake for 22 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and wooden pick inserted
in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove to wire rack.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Yield: 16 servings, one muffin each
Double Blueberry Muffins: Substitute POST SELECTS BLUEBERRY ALMOND CRUNCH Cereal
for the cranberry cereal and fresh or frozen whole blueberries for the chopped cranberries.
Diet Exchange: 2 Starch
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 160; Total fat 3g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol
15mg; Sodium 150mg; Carbohydrate 31g; Dietary fiber 1g; Sugars 16g; Protein 3g;
Vitamin A 2%DV; Vitamin C 2%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 6%DV
Recipe and photo credit: