Frost on the Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can vanilla or sour cream vanilla frosting
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
- Crust: In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon,
nutmeg, cloves and butter; stir until blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping;
press the remaining crumbs over the bottom and sides of a 9- to 10- inch pie
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes.
- Filling: In a large bowl combine the frosting, sour cream, pumpkin, 1 cinnamon,
ginger and cloves. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping; pour into the cooled crust.
- Spread the remaining topping over the filling; sprinkle with the reserved
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours until served.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Regular whipped cream can be used, it just requires longer refrigeration
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes