This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Frosted Pumpkin Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to pumpkin mixture and
beat until well blended.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- Frosting: Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in a mixing
bowl until smooth.
- Gradually add sugar; mix well.
- Add milk until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
Yield: 20-24 servings