Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or maple-flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine flour and salt in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles
- Mix in water with fork until flour is just moistened.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into
quarters. Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom
and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan. Crimp or flute edge. Set aside.
- Filling: Combine sugar, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl.
- Add all remaining filling ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. Cover edge of crust with 2-inch strip of aluminum
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil.
- Continue baking for 15 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes
- Topping: Arrange pecan halves on top of pie; drizzle or brush 1 tablespoon maple
syrup over pecans.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed in chilled small bowl until soft peaks
- Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup; continue beating until
stiff peaks form.
- Spoon dollops of whipped cream unto pie; garnish with additional pecan halves,
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional information (1 serving): Calories: 460; Fat: 32 g; Cholesterol:
150 mg; Sodium: 135 mg; Carbohydrates: 35 g; Dietary Fiber: 3 g; Protein: 5 g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes