Outrageous Chocolate Cranberry Fudge Cake
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8-inch round cake pan
with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray. Dust pan with flour, tap to remove
- Microwave 2/3 cup chocolate chips, butter and unsweetened chocolate in large
microwave-safe bowl on High for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Microwave for 30
more seconds if necessary to melt chocolate.
- Add cranberry sauce and sugar; mix well.
- Add eggs, vanilla, flour and baking powder mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set and a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until cold.
- Make glaze: Microwave cream and chocolate chips together in medium microwave-safe
bowl for 1 minute on High. Stir until smooth. Microwave for 30 more seconds
if necessary to melt chocolate. Add cranberry sauce; mix well.
- Turn cake out onto serving plate; remove foil.
- Spread glaze over top allowing some to drip down sides of cake.
- Chill 1 hour or until glaze is firm.
Yield: 10 servings
Can be made a day ahead of time. Store at room temperature.
Reprinted with permission from
Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.