Cake mix and purchased frosting pair up with some extras to create a scrumptious
pumpkin and praline indulgence.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup water
cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container
Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- Caramel topping, if desired
- Additional coarsely chopped pecans, if desired
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In 1-quart heavy saucepan, stir together butter, whipping cream and brown
sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted.
- Pour into two ungreased 9- or 8-inch round cake pans; sprinkle evenly with
3/4 cup pecans.
- N large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and 1 teaspoon of
the pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then
on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Carefully spoon batter over pecan mixture in each pan.
- Bake for 41 to 47 minutes or until cakes spring back when touched lightly
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack.
- Cool layer cakes in their pans on cooling racks for 5 minutes. This keeps
the cake from breaking apart while it's too warm and tender.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Stir remaining 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice into frosting.
- To assemble cake, place 1 layer, praline side up, on serving plate.
- Spread with half of the frosting.
- Top with second layer, praline side up; spread remaining frosting to edge
of layer. Drizzle with caramel topping and additional pecans.
- Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Prep Time 25 min | Total Time 2 hr 15 min | Servings 16
Nutrition Information–Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 440 Calories from
Fat 200 Total Fat 22g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 2g Cholesterol 75mg Sodium 310mg
Total Carbohydrate 57g Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 42g Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 8% Iron 6%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 4
Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very
Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes